Today, I’m sharing a vegan recipe for gluten and nut-free pesto penne. This dish is great midweek and my kids adore it too!
Gluten hates me so I usually cook gluten-free pasta for all the family.
- 1/2 jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 100g/4oz gluten-free penne pasta (we like Doves Farm) per person
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 packet of fresh basil leaves
- a handful of green olives
- a handful of baby tomatoes
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a drizzle of olive oil until tender but al dente, cooking for 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. . Bring a large pan of water and a little salt to a rolling boil. Simmer and stir occasionally.
Boil for 5 minutes then carefully taste the pasta every minute until it is ‘al dente’. Drain and serve immediately.
Meanwhile, blend the sun-dried tomatoes and the oil, garlic, salt and pepper and basil in a food processor and blend.
Add the pasta to the pesto and toss, covering it in the sauce. Add the olives and baby tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and serve.