Refreshing, tasty, low carb and healthy lunch perfect now summer is nearly here, I love me a Mediterranean platter!
For those, like my Dad, Papa G, who simply cannot live without bread, enjoy with toasted wholemeal pitta halves or a French stick.
Moreish Mediterranean Platter
- 100g freshly cooked ready to eat prawns
- 1 tbsp olive oil for prawn marinade, more to drizzle for dressing
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 50g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp oregano
- Handful of mixed leaves
- 3 – 4 cherry tomatoes
- Apple cider vinaigrette
- 1/4 lime
- Bowl of home marinated olives (check out my husband’s olive marinade recipe here)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Around 20 minutes before dining, prepare and marinate your prawns. Place the olive oil and parsley into a bowl and mix. Add the prawns and toss to coat them evenly. Cover and leave for 20 minutes.
Place feta onto plate and drizzle in olive oil and sprinkle oregano. Add mixed leaves and tomatoes and drizzle olive oil and apple cider vinaigrette.
Add the prawns to the plate and serve with marinated olives in a separate bowl. Serve with a wedge of lime for the prawns!
Season with salt and pepper. Eat.