Every busy parent needs a handful of go-to recipes that are quick and easy to make yet nutritious and filling too. I’m vegan so don’t eat this but my kids love it.
The children adore Le Roulé, which is hand-rolled cheese log filled with garlic, herbs, cranberry and peppers.
I simply like to add some paprika and a little sweet chilli sauce to the salmon to give the dish a kick.
I use whole wheat pasta which is packed full of fibre (typically three times as much as regular white pasta) as well as higher levels of vitamin E, major B vitamins, antioxidants, protein and healthy fats.
Whole wheat spaghetti tossed in Le Roule, topped with pan-fried salmon
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200g wholewheat dried spaghetti
- 125g pack Le Roulé full fat soft cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Small handful of fresh parsley to garnish
- Place the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Sprinkle the paprika, chilli sauce, salt and pepper on the salmon fillets and place in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes. Turn the salmon over and cook for a further 3 minutes. Remove from pan and put to onside.
- When pasta is cooked to your liking, drain away any excess water, return the spaghetti to the pan and stir in the Le Roulé cheese until it has melted an pasta is covered in cheese.
- Serve in a large bowl with the salmon fillet and garnish with parsley.