This one makes the perfect starter for guests. Being a busy working mum, it’s not often I get to cook a decadent 2 or even 3 course meal, however, every now and then I love to invite the whole family round and put on a feast that’s fit for kings and queens on!
Here is one of my go-to starters: King Prawns In Chilli Sauce.
It equally makes a tasty light lunch dish, served with a hunk of fresh bread my husband likes to mop up the sauce with. Always opt for raw jumbo prawns here.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g raw ‘shell off’ jumbo king prawns
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cm of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp chilli bean sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Rinse prawns and pat them dry, set aside for later use
- Heat the sesame oil in a large wok or shallow pan
- Add garlic, chill and ginger and heat through until soft and the garlic has turned a light golden brown
- Stir in the chill bean sauce and sugar
- Add prawns and continue to cook for around 3-4 minutes until they are pink
- Add coriander and stir through the mixture for around 30 seconds
- Remove from heat and serve.