This mousse is perfect for those of you following a low carb diet and this is a much-needed dessert that will keep those blood sugar levels steady.
- 60 g unsalted butter (use 40 if you want it less rich in flavour)
- 100 g baking chocolate (over 70% percent cocoa)
- 2 tsp honey or sugar alternative if you prefer
- 350 ml Fresh double cream – 120 ml
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- a drop of vanilla extract
- berries for decoration
In a bain marie melt the butter, honey and chocolate. Then whip the cream and add in the cocoa and vanilla extract and stir. Pour in the butter and chocolate mixture and stir through. Keep whipping until it thickens into a mousse. Pour into a serving glass and refrigerate for an hour or more.
Serve decorated with berries.
You can add mint extract too if you want to switch things up a bit.