The perfect decadent breakfast, let me know if you rustle this up!
Grilled Mackerel Marinated In Homemade Sweet Chilli Sauce
For the sweet chilli sauce (makes 1 jar)
- 2 skinned hot red peppers (such as thai or jalapeño – keep the seeds in for an extra kick if you like spicy food)
- 1 tomato, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- small knob fresh root ginger
- 200g sugar
- 175ml white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 4 Mackerel fillets
- Blend the peppers, tomato, garlic and ginger together into a puree using a food processor.
- Transfer to pan and add the sugar, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper. Bring the mixture to the boil and then reduce and simmer until the mixture reduces into a soft sticky liquid.
- Once ready, cover your mackerel fillets in the sauce and then skin side up on a foil lined baking tray and place under a pre-heated hot grill for 4-5 minutes until the fish is cooked.