This dish is so delicious, I could eat it every day. Seriously.
Easy to make, ready in minutes, nourishing and vegan too, why don’t you give it a whirl.
I know you will love it!
- 300g brown rice spaghetti (we like Doves Farm)
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle of oregano
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 250g pack closed cup/ chestnut mushroom, thickly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red and green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- small bunch parsley, leaves only
Bowl the rice spaghetti as per the packet instructions in boiling water. Add the stock cube to offer some flavour and depth. Towards the end of cooking start the sauce which is quick to cook.
In a large frying pan, add the oil. Place the mushrooms in and sprinkle with oregano. Fry until they are golden brown and crispy. Add the garlic which cooks quicker and let that turn golden too. Garlic sweetens when cooked this way.
When the pasta is al dente (or how you like it, drain retaining a little stock for the finished dish).
Once the mushrooms are crispy, throw in the chillies and stir.
Plate up and season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.