This is my husband’s favourite breakfast ( he loves cottage cheese) and while I’m vegan and just eat this with the avo alone, I like to share all of the family’s favourite recipes here. My husband and kids eat meat and fish. My eldest doesn’t eat egg and my husband doesn’t eat dairy (due to intolerances) so my recipes reflect our diets and tastes.
Cottage cheese is naturally low in fat and it’s also a rich source of ‘energy boosting nutrients’ vitamin B12 and Phosphorus whilst the granary bread is a slow-releasing starch which offers sustained energy and will prevent you from reaching for the biscuit jar by 11 am.
New studies also suggest that every Instagrammer’s favourite breakfast fruit, the avocado, can help lower cholesterol as well as offering high levels of vitamin E, iron and potassium too.
Energy Boosting Breakfast: Cottage Cheese on Granary with Avocado
- 100 g natural cottage cheese
- 2 slices of granary bread, toasted and buttered
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sprinkle of paprika
- squeeze of lemon
- dried coriander, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to garnish
- Generously spread cottage cheese over toasted and buttered granary bread
- Top with sliced avocado and season with a squeeze of lemon, paprika, sea salt and pepper.