This is Peter my husband’s favourite stir-fry dish and although I’m vegan, I like to share all the family’s recipes here to reflect their own tastes and diets.
I like to enjoy the veggie base with tofu. The sauce is flavoursome and I know you will enjoy it. My kids eats this without the chilli.
- 3 tbsp mild olive oil/ sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated or finely chopped
- 150g/3½ oz raw king prawns (grey), heads and shells removed, de-veined
- 250g/9 oz rice noodles
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar, or mirin
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Handful of toasted sesame seeds
- Dash of soya sauce and sesame oil to taste
Heat the oil in a wok on a high heat. Add the garlic, onion, ginger, chilli, spring onions and courgettes. Fry until golden brown then add the prawns.
In another pan, boil the rice noodles for 1-2 minutes until soft. Drain and leave covered to keep warm.
In a bowl, mix together the sesame oil, soy sauce and mirin. Pour over the prawns and vegetables, covering then and fry for 2 minutes.
Place the noodles into a bowl and cover with the prawn mixture.
Sprinkle the coriander and sesame seeds and add more soya sauce and sesame oil to taste.