Together with the fresh lime juice in the dressing, this apple salad has a tremendous citrusy flavour that really packs a punch (who said salads were boring hey!?).
My husband Peter enjoys his with peanuts (unfortunately nuts are not my friends) which adds to the crunchiness of the salad.
You opt for seeds instead or I go without.
I’m doing #veganuary and this is the ideal lunch for me.
Tangy green apple salad with cherry tomatoes, crushed peanuts, crispy pan fried red onions and a dressing of fresh lime juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, raw garlic and raw red chilli.
For the salad
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples, finely sliced
- Large handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of chopped peanuts
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and very finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, very finely chopped
In a small bowl or measuring jug, whisk together your dressing ingredients. Cover in clingfilm and set in the fridge.
Heat the olive oil in a small frying pan and fry the onions for around 10 minutes, until crispy.
Arrange the apple on a place and add the tomatoes, onion and peanuts. Drizzle with the dressing.