We love a simple, vibrant salad here and whilst I don’t eat nuts, my husband is obsessed with them, so this is his lunch from the other day.
You can in theory combine a whole myriad of different ingredients together when it comes to salad; I love to mix fruit with veggies for examples (watermelon with radish and olives for e.g) but this one is a concoction my husband Peter came up with via experimenting with flavours and textures he likes. I don’t eat nuts so omit those.
The crunch of the seeds and nuts against the soft cabbage cut through with the tangy-ness of the avocado oil and egg-free mayo truly makes for a taste sensation.
Try it and let me know if you agree.
Serves 2 depending on portion size
- Half a white cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped thinly
- 4 tbsp pickled red cabbage
- handful of almonds, chopped
- Drizzle of avocado oil
- Drizzle of egg-free mayonnaise
- handful of black and white seeds
- sprinkle of chopped coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Layer all the veggies on a plate/ in a bowl and scatter the sesame seeds and nuts on top. Drizzle the dressing (oil and egg-free mayo) and season if you want to.
So quick and easy and perfect as a lunch main or a side dish for supper.