You can in theory combine a whole myriad of different ingredients together when it comes to salad. I love to mix fruit with veggies for examples (watermelon with radish and olives for e.g) but this one is a concoction my husband Peter came up with via experimenting with flavours and textures he likes.
The crunch of the seeds and nuts against the soft cabbage cut through with the tangy-ness of the avocado oil and egg-free mayo truly makes for a taste sensation.
Try it and let me know if you agree.
Serves 2 depending on portion size
- Half a white cabbage, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped thinly
- 4 tbsp pickled red cabbage
- handful of almonds, chopped
- Drizzle of avocado oil
- Drizzle of egg-free mayonnaise
- handful of black and white seeds
- sprinkle of chopped coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Layer all the veggies on a plate/ in a bowl and scatter the sesame seeds and nuts on top. Drizzle the dressing (oil and egg-free mayo) and season if you want to.
So quick and easy and perfect as a lunch main or a side dish for supper.