Today I’m sharing the perfect mid-morning pick-me-up with you, courtesy of my husband, Peter. Trust me, this will be your best friend after a night of no sleep with the bambinos. Say bonjourno to the espresso frappe!
This cold coffee is oh so tasty and importantly, guaranteed to give you a boost of energy.
It’s Peter’s go-to drink as a change from cappuccino and something he likes to drink all year round.
I like mine decaf for the most part as caffeine makes me (more) hyper and it’s become a hit with my friends and even their kids!
The best bit, switching your usual Starbucks for one of these bad boys will save you a fortune. Save up those pennies and you’ll sipping an espresso outside a Barcelona cafe in no time!
Argh, this post is actually making me miss my summery frappe drinking days as I spent many a summer slurping them in Cyprus. The Greeks love a frappe!
This is Peter’s hybrid, combining his love of both styles of coffee. Go make it below!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- Double shot of espresso, chilled (or single depending on much caffeine you like to drink)
- 125 ml semi-skimmed condensed milk
- 200g cubed ice
- Add chilled espresso shot into a glass
- Add the condensed milk and ice into blender and process until frothy.
- Pour the milk slowly over the espresso shot
For more coffee tips and inspo, head to Convergent Coffee‘s blog.