My children adore this recipe so I wanted to share it here. This ramen like broth is incredibly easy to make – making it the perfect mid-week dinner for busy parents like us!
I love the quintessential Oriental flavouring of teriyaki dishes, combing rich hues of soy sauce with a wonderful sweetness for full-on flavour.
I also had to share this ‘behind the scenes’ peak of our food shoot! My husband Peter take all the wonderful food photos that you see on this blog – a real family affair!
Prawn and Salmon Teriyaki Broth with Noodles
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 750ml boiling hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned and boneless
- 50g of rice noodles
- 200g cooked king prawns
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and ginger, saute for 3 – 5 minutes minutes until the garlic turns a golden brown.
- Add the vegetable stock, teriyaki sauce and fish sauce. Gently lower the salmon fillets into the broth and turn down the heat. Simmer for 4 – 6 minutes until the salmon is cooked.
- Remove the salmon and leave to one side. Bring the broth back to the boil and add the noodles. Heat according to packet instructions
- Finally, add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the salmon in bowls and pour the broth and noodles over each dish.
- Finish with sesame seeds and freshly chopped coriander.
Let me know if you try it!
Buy my bestselling book in paperback or audio
My debut book is my guide to surviving and thriving at work and at home and offers insight into how to create a digital business or return to work with confidence.
Mumboss: The Honest Mum's Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home
(UK 2nd Edition)
Available on Amazon or Audible
The Working Mom: Your Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home
Available September 8th 2020. Order now on Amazon