I wanted to share my husband Peter’s take (and pictures) on BBC Food’s version of Green Coconut Fish Curry he loves to serve up for fish-eating friends. This also works just as well with tofu.
- 450g/1lb skinless cod fillet, cut into large chunks
- 12 prawns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- pinch garam masala
- 300ml/10½fl oz carton coconut cream
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- brown basmati rice
- salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the cumin seeds and when sizzling, add in the onion lightly golden. Add the garlic and fry. Lower the heat and add the green chilli, ground turmeric and chilli powder.
Add the garam masala coconut cream and heat for 3 minutes. Add the cod and cook for 12 minutes. Add the prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Boil the rice as per the instructions and serve. Garnish with coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
Let me know if you make it!