Join the revolt against a drab and flavourless summer and instead fill it with Latin spirit, a splash of lime, sprinkling of chilli and a whole pile of Mexican-inspired tortilla chips from Manomasa.
Manomasa’s adventurous tortillas chips are naturally gluten free and the recipe below is a favourite of my Dad’s. I would make a vegan version for me.
First up is:
Watermelon Margarita With Chipotle & Lime Tortilla Chips
Prep Time: 10 mins
Serves: 6-8 people
- 3 handfuls of ice cubes (ﬁll up to .75 litre line in blender)
- 180ml Tequila Blanco
- 180ml Cointreau
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 mini watermelon, rind and seeds removed, cut into chunks (800g after cutting rind)
- Sea salt for rim of glass
- Lime wedges to garnish
- Tabasco to garnish (optional)
- Place ice cubes, Tequila Blanco, Cointreau, lime juice and watermelon into blender and whiz until smooth.
- Place salt on a ﬂat plate. Wet the rims of glasses with the lime wedge all around and dip into salt so it coats the rim of glasses. Pour drink into each glass and garnish with lime wedge. If using the Tabasco sauce, hit with a few dashes into each drink.
- Serve with Chipotle & Lime tortilla chips.
Grilled Chicken Tacos with Quick Mole Sauce – serve with Manomasa’s Cantina White Corn Chips
The kids love these.
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 25-30 mins
Serves: 6 people
For the Chicken
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 kilo boneless and skinless chicken thighs or breasts
For The Mole Sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2-3 heaping tsp ancho chilli paste
- 2-3 heaping tsp smokey chilli paste
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- dash of cinnamon
- 450g plum tomatoes, chopped
- 40g peanuts
- 4 tbsp sultanas
- 400ml chicken stock
- 25g Manomasa Cantina White Corn tortilla chips, broken up
- 40g, quality dark chocolate, chopped
For the Salad
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 lemon wedges
- Soft corn tortillas, warm
- 75g radish sliced
- 25g fresh coriander, chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ½ head ice berg lettuce, shredded
- Mix all the ingredients for the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Fry onions and garlic on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add ancho and chilli paste and all the spices then cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook 1-2minutes. Add peanuts, sultanas and 400ml of the chicken stock and tortilla chips, turn heat down to a medium simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Blend until smooth. Add back to pan and whisk in chocolate, thin out with remaining 100ml chicken stock. Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Grill chicken until cooked through.
- Warm tortillas and assemble tacos with chicken, sauce, and garnishes.
For more flavour-punching Manomasa recipes, go to: www.manomasa.co.uk