These are the cutest biscuits to make with your kids this Valentine’s Day.
A heart-lover, all year round, not just on Valentine’s, I baked round cookies, brushed them with melted chocolate, waited until they cooled, then cut them into hearts but you could do the cutting when they are in the dough form, and pre-chocolate. It’s entirely up to you!
I’m vegan but my family aren’t so these are perfect for them.
Ingredients: (I used all ingredients from Iceland)
- 150g of chocolate
- 125g Butter
- 150g Honey
- 1 egg
- 150g Allison Mix ‘n’ Bake Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 190°C.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt the butter in the microwave then add and mix in the honey. Melt the chocolate in a bain marie or the microwave and add to the runny mixture.
- Crack the egg into the mixture and whisk in well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and fold into the mixture.
- Line a large baking tray with grease proof paper or grease the tray with butter.
- Spoon out tablespoon sized amounts of mixture onto the tray, allowing for space as the biscuits increase during baking.
- Bake for approx 8 minutes until they are golden.medium dark brown (the chocolate mixture means they could be darker in colour. You can place a fork or skewer in the middle and if it is clean on removal, they are baked through) .
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and cover each biscuit round.
- Cut with the heart cookie cutters and serve.
My kids gobbled these up!
Buy my bestselling book in paperback or audio
My debut book is my guide to surviving and thriving at work and at home and offers insight into how to create a digital business or return to work with confidence.
Mumboss: The Honest Mum's Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home
(UK 2nd Edition)
Available on Amazon or Audible
The Working Mom: Your Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home
Available September 8th 2020. Order now on Amazon