….The big V-day is almost upon us and this year, Peter and I will be switching the fancy restaurants for a romantic night in.
They say a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach so this Valentine’s Day I’ll be getting saucy in the kitchen and cooking up a storm with the oh so tasty The Saucy Fish Co.
We both adore fish and seafood so for this Valentine’s we’ll be opting for our favourite fish, sea bass in a beurre blanc sauce. Delicious!
With Valentine’s Day falling on a Tuesday, I know I’ll be working and therefore cooking in the easiest way possible for this #mumboss, is key. This is why I’m such a huuuuuge fan of The Saucy Fish Co. – I love how they combine succulent fresh fish with a fuss-free, flavoursome sauce.
There is a huge range of fish and sauces to choose from including salmon with chilli, lime and ginger dressing, sea bream with sun blushed tomato dressing and squid & king prawns with chorizo, with a sherry and herb sauce. My mouth is watering just typing this! *emoji drool face.
I’ll be serving our sea bass dish with roasted garlic new potatoes on top of a bed of leeks, asparagus and petite pois. It’s so easy to prepare, I had to share my recipe below.
I hope you enjoy x
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 x The Saucy Fish Co. sea bass with beurre blanc sauce
- 750g new potatoes, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- a handful of fresh thyme
- 4 gloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 leeks
- 200g asparagus
- 200g petite pois
- Handful of mint, chopped
- fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and place the new potatoes in a pan. Leave to cook (parboil) for 5 minutes then drain.
- Place the potatoes in roasting tin alongside scattered sprigs of thyme and 4 whole cloves of garlic.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes, add some thyme and season with sea salt flakes and pepper. Place in the oven and leave to cook until crisp and golden for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the leeks and asparagus (leaving the latter’s heads intact) into bite size cubes and leave to one side.
- Bring 100ml of water to a simmer in a saucepan and whisk in the unsalted butter, adding in the leeks once the butter has melted and leave to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, and peas and cook for a further 2 minutes. Once cooked remove from the heat and stir in the chopped mint.
- In a frying pan heat one 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and fry the sea bass fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place the sachet of Saucy Fish Co. Beurre Blanc sauce in a mug of boiling water and leave to warm through for 3 minutes.
- Serve the sea bass atop a bed of asparagus, leeks and peas and pour the beurre blanc sauce over the fish fillet. Add a side of potatoes with a sprinkling of thyme for the final piece de resistance!
My husband likes 2 fillets but go with your appetite as to how many packs you’d purchase.
What a dreamy date meal.
Don’t miss my video how-to
Happily Valentine’s Day!
Luckily for you fish lovers everywhere (get it?!) 4 people will be winning £30 of products each, in time for Valentine’s Day thanks to the Saucy Fish Co.
Simply enter via Rafflecopter below.
No cash alternative
Ends 7th Feb 2017.
If the winner does not respond within 7 days, a new winner will be notified.