The perfect weekend breakfast, I love to slice a grapefruit, boil up some eggs and griddle pan some smoked kippers as a treat for Peter and I. Kippers can be an acquired taste but my youngest son loves them so it’s worth trying them out on your children.
This was the most simple but pleasurable shoot to style. I often think the easiest food to make can be the tastiest and most visually appealing.
And a pretty breakfast shouldn’t just be reserved for hotel stays.
I decided to treat ourselves to a king’s feast of a breakfast the other week and couldn’t wait to share it with you all!
• For runny soft-boiled eggs (barely set whites): 3 minutes
• For slightly runny soft-boiled eggs: 4 minutes
• For custardy yet firm soft-boiled eggs: 6 minutes
• For firm yet still creamy hard-boiled eggs: 10 minutes
• For very firm hard-boiled eggs: 15 minutes.
What a delicious protein, fibre and nutrient filled start to the morning. How do you like your eggs and are you a fan of kippers?!