Unlike the weather, the fashion of summer 2016 is sizzling hot.
Being in the full throes of an Indian summer, it’s never too late to invest in the season’ hottest trends.
From Bardot shoulders to pleats and bold florals, here’s a fashionista’s guide to this season’s must wears.
Forget legs, bums and boobs, because 2016 is the year of the shoulder. Subtle yet incredibly sexy, if this look is good enough for Bardot it’s good enough for me!
- Off-Shoulder Tory Burch Dress, Farfetch.com – £231.70 (was £331 – 30% off) This off the shoulder smock dress with cute folk print is perfect for holidays, taking you from beach front to beach bar in style.
- Floral Bardot Top, Topshop – £28 Team this show-stopping off the shoulder number with mom jeans and chunky sandals for an on point summer look.
- Pink Bardot Top, River Island – £25 Let your sleeves hang low in this dusty pink delight. The chiffon layers create an ethereal summertime look with a cute split at the back.
Orange is officially the new black. Fashion’s new favourite palette dominated the catwalk with many designers pairing the colour with flashes of red and yellow for sunset inspired style. From coral to saffron to tangerine, this stunning hue is the perfect way to brighten up the British summer.
- DKNY Saffiano orange tote, House of Fraser, £195 Wearing bright orange clothing is bold a statement and not everyone’s bag (sorry – couldn’t resist!). This is where accessories come in! Inject a pop of colour into your outfit with this saffron tote by DKNY.
- Off-shoulder orange dress, Boden – £70 Combing two of the season’s hottest trends, this off shoulder orange dress is a summer essential.
This season bed wear is outerwear. This can be a difficult trend to pull off IRL. Sure matching co-ord PJs look good on the FROW, but does it work on the school run? Course it does! Choose simple, stylish patterns and pair with non-loungewear basics for an on point summer look.
- Monogrammed Pyjama style shirt, Kate Moss for Equipment – £300 When news broke that the fashion goddess herself, Kate Moss, was teaming up with Equipment for a limited edition range of shirts, fashionistas around the world rejoiced! Team this crisp white shirt with skinny jeans and killer heels for a look that would make Mossy proud.
- Coral slip dress, River Island – £28 Slip dresses are the easiest and most accessible way to rock the boudoir look. I love this River Island number – in this seasons’ hottest colour! Natch!
- Satin Pyjama Wide Legged Trousers, Topshop Boutique, £55 (was £110 – 50% off) Team these silky delights with chunky heels and a crisp white shirt for chic casual style.
The Gladiator sandal is BACK! The sandal style that dominated most of the early naughties is back for the teenies! Back then it was synonymous with the Boho trend, but this summer its chicer, more stylish and all grown up!
- Black Leather Gladiator Sandals by Agapi, Harvey Nichols – £145 These uber stylish sandals are a fashionista’s dream. Handmade and real leather. An investment but definitely worth every penny.
- Gladiator sandal, River Island – £25 Every summer I buy a pair of sandals that I love and then wear to death. I suspect these might just be that pair.