My husband Peter loves Japanese food and this is one of his favourites.
Sesame seared Yellowfin Tuna, pan-roasted garlic and chilli, served with noodles & fresh coriander
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 large fresh red chill sliced
- 2 x 250g pieces yellowfin tuna, cut in half
- 50g sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chilli oil
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 125g medium egg noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions.
Heat the coconut oil in frying pan and cook off the garlic and fresh chilli for around 7-10 minutes until they are soft and the garlic has turned a golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
Place your sesame and fennel seeds on a plate with the freshly ground black pepper. Press a piece of tuna into seed mixture to coat. Turn over and coat the other side. Repeat with remaining tuna.
Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium–high heat. Cook the tuna for around 60 seconds on each side for rare, or 90 seconds on each side for medium rare.
Finely slice the tuna and serve on a plate with the chilli, garlic, fresh coriander and drizzle with chilli oil. Serve with the noodles.