How dreamy do these look semi-freddo lime, coconut and avocado cheesecakes look? Almost too pretty to eat huh?!
Cool creamy avocado works so well with the rich chocolatey date base and anything heart-shaped is a winner for me!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1-2 minutes
- 75g (3oz) White’s Apple, cranberry and Raspberry Granola
- 50g (2oz) coconut oil
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 25g (1oz) unblanched almonds
- 50g (2oz) Organic Jumbo oats
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 lime – finely grated rind and juice
- 2-3 tbsp. agave nectar
- 100g (31/2oz) cream cheese
- Dark chocolate hearts and cocoa powder to decorate
1. Line the base of 4 x 10cm (4in) x (3cm /1/4in deep) fluted tart tins with baking parchment.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan. Pour half the coconut oil into a food processor and add the dates, almonds, oats, and cacao powder and whizz to a coarse paste. Divide between the tart tins and press down evenly with the back of a spoon. Chill until ready to use.
3. Halve the avocados and discard the stone. Place the avocado flesh, remaining coconut oil, lime rind and juice, agave nectar and cream cheese into a food processor and whizz to a smooth paste. Divide between the tart tins and level the surface. Freeze for 2 hours until firm enough to turn out onto serving plates. Scatter over the granola. Decorate with dark chocolate hearts. Dust with cocoa powder to serve.
This creamy pudding makes a great recipe for Valentine’s Day or any time you want to get the heart cookie cutter out.
When made place a heart shaped cookie cutter on top of the cheesecakes and sprinkle the granola into the cutter. Carefully remove the cutter leaving the granola heart decoration in place. Decorate with chocolate hearts and cocoa as above.