Getting bored of your usual midweek meals? Check this out!
We had gluten-free noodles with ours but mix it up and add rice or egg noodles or make it low carb with extra veggies. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp, mild olive or vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp black beans
- 1 red/green chilli (depending on heat), finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- a packet of king/small prawns
- 200ml vegetable/ fish stock
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
Pour the oil into a hot wok and add the onion, garlic, black beans and chill and stir. Once the onions are golden add the peppers then king prawns, stirring them in the sauce. Add the stock, season with salt, pepper and sugar and a splash of soy sauce. Taste to see if you need more seasoning.
If you are serving with noodles, cook them now as they only take minutes and serve. Rice will need to be cooked before you start this dish as they take longer to cook.
Let me know if you make it!