You guys seems to be as besotted with prawns as I am as this recipe has proved very popular.
This spicy delight is guaranteed to raise temperatures and it’s one of my all-time favourites!
Ladies and gentlemen, it’s about to get HOT HOT HOT!
I love oriental flavours and stir fries are my go-to mid-week style of dinners.
Quick and easy to rustle up without scrimping on flavour. The perfect dish for busy mamas like myself!
My homemade hot chilli sauce is simple to make too and I usually create a big batch and store it in the fridge to use over 2-3 weeks. I do like my food extra spicy, so feel free to adjust the number of chillies to suit your own palette. I omit the sauce for the kids and they like to add soy sauce to this.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the Hot Chilli sauce (makes around 8oz)
- 15 fresh hot red chilli peppers, cleaned, stems trimmed off and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 75ml rice vinegar
For the stir fry
- 160g of fresh cooked prawns
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 320g mixed stir fry vegetables
- 180g of brown basmati rice, cooked to packet instructions
For the sauce
- Process all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth
- Use a spoon to taste a tiny bit and adjust the seasonings to your preference
- Marinade your prawns in the sauce, covering well and leave for at leasr 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
For the stir fry
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a large wok
- Add mixed vegetables and stir fry for 1- 2 minutes
- Add prawns in the hot chilli sauce and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes until prawns begin to brown
- Remove from pan and serve with brown rice.
Now come link up your recipes and restaurant reviews, old; the more the merrier!