In need of some lunchtime inspiration?
This Mexican-inspired, vegan/vegetarian open wrap is the perfect way to spice up your afternoon.
Spicy jalapeños give the dish a wonderful kick, perfectly complemented by the creaminess of the avocado.
The addition of the tortilla wrap ensures the dish is more filling than just a salad and will see you through to the afternoon but without being too over facing, as I find bread can be (even the gluten-free varieties).
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/2 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 avocado, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- Large handful of mixed leaves
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeño peppers
- Handful of freshly chopped coriander
- 2 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- 75ml of vegan sour cream
- 1 lime
- Nacho style crisps (plain)
Start off by roasting your peppers and garlic. Pre-heat the oven to 180c and line and place the slices of pepper and garlic on a baking tray lined with foil. Roast until the peppers’ skin blisters. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
Add the peppers and garlic to large bowl with the avocado, red onion, leaves, jalapeño peppers and coriander. Toss the ingredients together and lay out onto the tortilla wrap.
Add a generous helping of vegan sour cream over the salad with a squeeze of lime and tortilla chips on the side.