As much as I love baking, there are some days when I simply don’t have the time. Being a busy mum of 2 with a full time blogging career means I love a good ‘eat cheat’!
There’s quite a lot of pressure on women to portray perfection – and quite often this pressure is self-inflicted but no woman can do everything and juggling parenting, a career and everything else that life throws us at us, is hard work.
This is where the cheats and life hacks come in…
Say hello to my ‘No Bake Protein Chocolate and Mint Balls’
Step away from the oven, because this super simple, super tasty snack requires no baking.
These stress-free puds are also good for your insides too, containing no nasties, only natural ingredients, plus they’re low carb too!
One of the easiest and healthiest way to satisfy your family’s sweet tooth-guaranteed to make you smile!
In fact these protein balls were so easy to make we even had time to make these fun GIFs
Here is the recipe to make small 16 balls
- 120 grams small oats (gluten free if you like)
- 120 grams unsweetened shredded coconut
- 120 grams unflavoured vanilla protein powder (I like Reflex Natural Whey but note this contains milk, gluten and soya)
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Handful of fresh mint, finally chopped or use a tbsp mint extract)
- 60 grams dark chocolate (anything above 70%)
- 60 grams virgin, raw coconut oil
- 120 millilitres unsweetened coconut milk (you can use oat/ almond milk if you prefer)
Add, shredded coconut and natural whey into a medium mixing bowl and mix.
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a bowl under a boiling pan of water until melted.
Pour through the oat mixture, gently stirring until all the oats are covered in chocolate.
Add the coconut milk and process until the mixture binds.
Take handfuls of the mixture and roll into small balls using the palm of your hands.
Place on a tray, cover and refrigerate until firm.
And here’s another quick cheat! Pop these into the freezer for 30 minutes so they set quicker!