No bake? No Problem! Didsbury Gin partners with Simon Wood for the ultimate boozy dessert and I’m sharing the recipe here!
With its creamy filling and buttery biscuit base, no one can deny a slice of cheesecake and less so when combined with a cocktail! Manchester-based spirits brand Didsbury Gin has partnered with the well-known TV chef and winner of MasterChef 2015, Simon Wood to show fans just how easy it is to create this No Bake Didsbury Gin Citrus Cheesecake at home-and it really is easy (as long as you don’t drink too much whilst rustling it up)!
- 120ml Didsbury Gin Original (£29.95)
- 30g Caster Sugar
- 125g Digestive Biscuits Crumbs
- 40g Butter, Melted
- 1 Grapefruit
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lime
- 1 Lemon
- 280g Cream cheese
- 397g Can Condensed Milk
- 90ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- Add 120ml Didsbury Gin Original (£29.95) to a saucepan along with 30g Caster Sugar and reduce by two thirds.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs and melted butter and press into the base of your moulds don’t over work it as you want it to hold together but still be a crumbly, buttery biscuit base.
- Use a grater or micro plane to zest your citrus fruits. Retain a little of each to garnish your finished dessert.
- Whisk together the cream cheese and condensed milk. Then stir in the lemon juice and your reduced gin syrup, add in your citrus zest combination and mix well before pouring over the prepared base.
- Next chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge until set, serve with your remaining citrus zest.
This marks Didsbury Gin’s second partnership with Simon Wood, having first developed an exclusive Tutti Frutti Gin Liqueur for Aldi Stores UK in 2019, based on his famous Tutti Frutti dessert which won Wood the renowned MasterChef title.
Check out more recipes HERE.