8 small bars/ round bites
- 60 grams small oats (gluten free if you like)
- 60 grams unsweetened shredded coconut
- 60 grams unflavoured vanilla protein powder (I like Reflex Natural Whey but note this contains milk, gluten and soya)
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 30 grams dark chocolate (anything above 70%)
- 30 grams virgin, raw coconut oil
- 60 millilitres unsweetened coconut milk (you can use oat/ almond milk if you prefer)
Place the oats into a medium mixing bowl with the shredded coconut and natural whey and mix.
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave or over a bowl under a boiling pan of water until melted.
Pour through the oat mixture, gently stirring until all the oats are chocolatey.
Add the coconut or almond milk and process until the mixture binds.
Using a silicone bar mould, fill with the mixture.
Cover and refrigerate until firm.
If you would rather create balls than bars on a greased tray or silicone moulds, please do so.
A quick trick, I like to pop these into the freezer for 30 minutes as they set quicker!
A perfect breakfast bar on the go, snack or treat after dinner!