I’m committed to using the most natural beauty products I can. I have sensitive skin and definitely notice a positive difference when I use ‘free-from’ and organic products on my face and body.
Over the past few years I’ve started to work more and more natural products into my beauty regime taking inspiration from my late Grandma Vikentia who used olive oil to soothe limbs and rosewater for perfume, so I thought I’d share some of my top tips with you all.
From left to right, here are my recommended top natural products:
1. Childs Farm Hand & Body Lotion: Ok…so technically this product is designed for babies and children, but it’s so good I like to use it on my own skin as well. I religiously keep a bottle of this hand cream in my handbag as it leaves my hands silky soft and is such good value at just £3.99.
Childs Farm’s products are made from naturally derived ingredients and are so mild they can even be used on eczema-prone skin. This beautifully scented hand cream contains grapefruit and organic tea tree oil and might just make you want to lick your fingers (don’t)!
2. Childs Farm Detangler For Flowing Locks: I love my curly locks, but the downside is how easily they tangle. This is SERIOUSLY the best detangler I’ve found for my thick wavy hair. I spray it from top to tip, gently comb or brush it through, then add serum and mousse for a curly, natural look. It’s perfect pre blow dry and straightening too. Nothing works like it on my hair.
I also love that it contains tea tree oil to deter head lice – a bonus for any parent with young children and kids too of course!
3. Optibac Probiotics: I swear by the Optibac Probiotic products. I add the Optibac One Week Flat (pink packaging) supplement to goat’s milk and drink it daily as part of a one week course. As a result my IBS has completely disappeared and I no longer suffer from stomach bloating. I use the green packaged supplement which is stronger if I’m ever on antibiotics.
The supplement contains friendly natural bacterias that improve digestive health by providing a more balanced environment in your stomach and intestines. All of Optibac’s products are natural and contain no added colourings, flavours or preservatives. The range also includes supplements that are specifically designed for infants and pregnant women.
4. Konjac Sponge Pure Puff Sponge: The term ‘miracle product’ is often bandied around too easily, but I genuinely do believe that the Konjac Sponge deserves to sit firmly in that category. I first heard about the Konjac Sponge through my good friend Nomita of Your DIY Family recommended and I have used it ever since, recommending it to all my friends who are now equally as devoted!
I remove my make up and use the sponge as a final cleanse for my face.
Created from a 1500 year old Japanese tradition, Konjac Sponges are made from 100% natural vegetable fibres and are designed to cleanse and balance skin. They come in a range of different products for different skin types. The pure puff sponge, which I use as part of my beauty regime, is suitable for even the most sensitive of skin. It’s so simple to use too, simply wet the sponge and massage into your face to stimulate circulation and new growth of skin cells. The sponge is priced at £7.99.
5. Olive Oil: Being Greek, the benefits of olive oil were drilled into me from an early age. It has been used as a skincare remedy since the age of the Ancient Greeks and is renowned for its moisturising properties.
I use it instead of baby oil on the boys as a post-bath time massage treat and I also find it works wonders on stubborn dry elbows too! Ideal in and out of your body then! I’ve also started using it as a moisturiser. Non-greasy, my skin absorbs the olive oil and looks better than ever thanks to it!
6. Lemon: My DIY obsession! I start my morning off using lemon as a natural toner, mixing it into warm water and gently patting it onto my face using a muslin cloth.
Packed with Vitamin C, the lemon juice evens out skin tone, reduces blemishes, tightens pores and brightens overall complex! An all round winner in my eyes!
7. Coconut Oil:
Another product raided from the kitchen cupboard! Coconut oil is extremely versatile and can be used for everything from mosquito bites, sunburn and even reducing stretch marks!
I use it on a weekly basis as a intensive hair conditioner. I simply warm some in between my hands and then massage into my hair, leaving it for an hour or two if I can, before rinsing. As a result my hair is more manageable, less prone to breaking and much shinier too!
8. Lavera Roll on Deodorant :
So many of today’s deodorants contain nasty chemicals. I find it really frightening that I could be putting such harmful toxins on to my skin on a daily basis (certain chemicals contained in deodorants have been linked to causing cancer and alzheimer’s), which is why discovering the Lavera Roll on Deodorant (£8.95) was such a godsend!
It is made using natural plant extracts and organic essential oils; has a refreshing scent; and most importantly is extremely effective – keeping my underarms fresh all day. It honestly works.
I’d love to hear which natural products you are using as part of your routine? Let me know in the comments!