Here I’m sharing am, easy, flavoursome and filling gluten-free pasta dish I hope you’ll love! I love the sharp yet creamy feta with black olives and tomato and give this Italian recipe a Greek twist!
Recipe: Penne Pasta With Tomato Sauce, Black Olives And Feta
- table spoon of virgin olive oil
- 1 x red onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely slices
- 400g passata
- large handful of fresh basil, remove stalks from basil leaves and chop finely (leaving a few extra for garnish)
- tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- sea salt
- 600g of dried penne pasta (I used a gluten-free version)
- 125g kalamata olives
- 150g feta cheese
Heat the olive oil in a large pan on a medium/high heat and add onions and garlic until soft and golden brown.
Add passata and balsamic vinegar, season to your taste with salt and pepper and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring regularly.
Add fresh basil, stir in and reduce to a low heat.
Whilst the sauce is gently simmering away, start cooking your pasta by adding to a large pan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Cook as per the instructions on the packet.
Once cooked, drain and serve into bowls. Top with passata sauce, add olive and crumble feta.
Garnish with fresh basil.