We are TOTALLY obsessed with soups in this house, the kids love them (such an easy way to get veggies down them) and we eat them all year round. Soups are NOT just for winter people!
Yesterday, I rustled up some mushroom soup with a little drizzle of cream. Tasty, filling and healthy too bursting with magnesium, vitamin D and iron, this is how I like to make mine!
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 300g/9 oz button mushrooms, diced
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 600ml/1 pint vegetable stock (we like Kallo organic stock)
- 2 tbsp single dream for drizzling
- sprinkle of thyme leaves for garnish
- sprinkle of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Add the butter to a large pan and fry the onions until golden brown. Then add the garlic, watching as it can brown quickly and you don’t want it dark in colour. Add the mushrooms and fry until golden. Sprinkle in the thyme. Add the stock and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add to the blender, blending until smooth (or whichever texture you prefer).
Serve into bowls and drizzle some cream on top, finishing with a little sprinkle of thyme to garnish. Season with salt and pepper if desired.