It’s all about the beans, baby.
Packed with protein, slow releasing carbs and fibre, this is one healthy and filling salad that works all year round.
To make it easy I like to buy a mixed bean tin but my Mum would boil the beans up from dry beans.
Colourful, delicious and full of flavour and fibre, you guys will love this!
- 1 x 400g tin mixed bean salad, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 sunblushed tomatoes
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pour the beans into a bowl with the onion and tomatoes. Mix the dressing in a small bowl and pour over. Decorate with basil, season and enjoy! My husband loves to pile the salad on toasted baguette too.
Simple, easy and oh so tasty!
Let me know if you try it!