It’s all about the beans, baby. There’s a sentence I never thought I’d write!
Seriously though, packed with protein, slow releasing carbs and fibre, this is one healthy and filling salad that works all year round.
To make it easy I like to buy a mixed bean tin but my Mum would boil the beans up from dry beans.
Colourful, delicious and full of flavour and fibre, you guys will love this!
- 1 x 400g tin mixed bean salad, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 sunblushed tomatoes
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pour the beans into a bowl with the onion and tomatoes. Mix the dressing in a small bowl and pour over. Decorate with basil, season and enjoy! My husband loves to pile the salad on toasted baguette too.
Simple, easy and oh so tasty!
It’s #tastytuesdays too so please do link up your recipes and share the foodie inspiration! I can’t wait to see what you’ve been rustling up.
P.S I’m in Paris for Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture next week so this linky will run for 2 weeks until the 2nd of Feb.