Here is another recipe c/o Delamere Dairy. I’m vegan so wouldn’t eat this but my kids love them and as always I share the whole family’s tastes here.
Lamb Souvlaki With A Garlicky Yoghurt Sauce
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 lb lamb, cut from the leg into 12 equal-sized cubes
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Vegetable oil
- 4 pitta breads
Delamere Garlicky Yogurt Sauce
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 220g Delamere Dairy plain goats’ yogurt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh garlic
- To make the souvlaki marinade, mix the olive oil, garlic, oregano, black pepper and salt and set aside.
- Thread the lamb, bell peppers, onion and tomatoes among 8 skewers.
- Place the skewers in a large shallow pan with marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, rotating skewers once.
- Grill or BBQ the skewers for 5-8 minutes until the lamb is medium rare and lightly charred. Rotate to cook evenly.
- Grill or toast the pitta breads.
- For the yogurt sauce, puree the cucumbers and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Push the pureed cucumbers through a fine mesh sieve. Keep the juice and discard the pulp. Whisk cucumber and lemon juices in a bowl with yogurt.
- Mix in the garlic and season with salt and pepper
- Serve with pittas and skewers.