We’ve visited KidZania once before in August 2016 so almost 3 years ago now, and yet my children, Oliver, now, 9, and Alexander, 6, were still talking about it, up until the day of our most recent visit, last weekend.
Oliver had even kept his KidZania bank card collected the fist time, in preparation for his next visit. Alexander had been too young at the time to receive his bank card which made it even sweeter when he was handed it before we left.
Seriously though, that memory retention and sheer enthusiasm towards KidZania London is testament to how empowering but most of all, FUN it is there, for kids.
An indoor city run by kids aged 4-14, this magical place allows children to get a taste of what its like to work. They learn and earn with the chance to become journalists, scientists, police officers, shop assistants, fire fighters, actors and so much more- and all the activities are under one roof, in Westfield London in White City.
My boys stepped up their game (and competitive streak) lapping up the tasks in the new top secret Children’s Intelligence Agency, hunting for clues, learning how to write an algorithm, saving KidZania from a computer virus! Later, working as roving reporters for the Metro, they invented a story of a stolen baby, taken from hospital which made front page news that was printed and handed to them at the end of their shift. They were chuffed to bits to return home with their papers in hand. What’s great is these activities are never rushed and the queues were short when we visited offering children approximately 20 minutes to tackle the job at hand, learning and evolving as they go.
Children earn KidZania bucks aka KidZos for their work (e.g. car washing, window cleaning etc) which they can spend within the city on more obviously entertainment-based activities such as learning to play the drums for eg. or they can cash their dollars in at the bank near the exit, spending their hard-earned money at the gift shop. My kids (weirdly) like to work and save their money on their bank cards accumulating their KidZos (they clearly take after their father 😉 ).
KidZania is not only stimulating day out but they’re helping to directly support children and parents, too.
On June 29th, the WWE NXT UK Superstars in conjunction with the NSPCC came together to run an important campaign on bullying and how to combat it.
Bullying is something that can affect anyone, young or old with supporting and offering insight into the tools to tackle bullying being at the heart of the campaign.
The Call Out Bullying Campaign not only helped children to understand different forms of bullying but also provided pragmatic advice parents can implement if their child is being bullied. The activity is running for the whole of July and kids can earn 10 KidZos for taking part in it.
There’s also an epic summer camp for kids aged 6-12 with exclusive activities, fun days, with 2 hours free play, in the city too. Check out the site for more info.
Argh, we all loved the vibe of the city, the tasks the kids relishes, and the fact Peter and I could enjoy a coffee while the kids were entertained. Bliss.
Have you been to KidZania London, yet?
Excitingly, you can enter to win a family ticket to KidZania London worth £132 or £122 depending on whether you’re 2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children.
Enter to win via Rafflecopter
Family Ticket Terms and Conditions
- A free family ticket can be redeemed for free entry intoKidZania London for up to 4 people (2 children and 2 adults or 1 adult and 3 children).
- Redemption is subject to availability.
- Transport, accommodation, merchandise and food and beverage are not included.
- The tickets cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
- Redemption is deemed acceptance to our standard ticket and entry terms and conditions available athttp://london.kidzania.com/en-uk/pages/ticket_entry_terms.
- IMPORTANT: The entry of a child toKidZaniaLondon whether with or without a parent or guardian, with a school, with a group or corporate booking or otherwise is deemed to be consent to that child undertaking all of the activities available at KidZania London.
- Ends midnight 8th of August 2019.
- If the winner does not respond to the email within 2 days, a new winner will be randomly selected.
- UK only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway