I love buying my kids’ teachers gifts, and do so every term-end.
The summer term is the BIG one though and when most buy thank you gifts, and I personally like to thank the form tutors, receptionists and Head Teacher for their work and commitment throughout the year. I thought you might be panic-buying presents today and tomorrow so could do with some inspo so here are my suggestions.
- Gift cards. A favourite with teachers as it gives them freedom and is a more thoughtful alternative to money in an envelope (ha), gift cards to stores like John Lewis, White Company, Jo Malone etc mean teachers can choose what they’d like or put the money towards something more expensive. You can’t go wrong with a £10 gift card.
- Chocolates. Another crowd-pleaser, we adore Hotel Chocolat and I’ve blogged about their current special offers in store with flavour combinations and even dairy free treats to please all palettes and tastes.
- Flowers. Say it with flowers and they don’t need to be pricey. Supermarkets have upped their game and all stock stunning stems. I favour sunflowers for teachers in the summer term. Swerve the garage though, put some effort into buying pretty bunches and don’t forget the flower bags so you can carry them into school with ease.
- Beauty and skincare products. I opt for gentle and vegan products like this Champney’s range and candles are a lovely option too. Consider popping a gift receipt in with the present so the teacher can swap items in Boots or Space NK for e.g in case they prefer something else.
- DIY gifts. Baked goods are always sweet (literally) and fudge or biscuits carefully wrapped up with ribbons make a lovely gift.
- Bubbles. Either a bottle of champagne/ Prosecco (look in your local supermarket for competitive prices-the lesser known brands are always cheaper) or the bath foam variety can make great gifts too (we like the Body Shop’s British Rose Petal bottle).
- A thank you letter/ card from your child will put a smile on any teacher’s face. I think a card with a pretty frame (M&S always have chic frames) make for wonderful presents.
Those are my suggestions. Let me know what you like to buy your kids’ teachers?