My hair was poker straight until I hit 13 and my hormones went, well a bit well hormonal and turned my sleek locks curly!
The exact same thing happened to my Mum so it must be hereditary so in all honesty, I don’t really know if I’m naturally straight or curly.
I suppose I’m naturally curly now but there are days my hair is straighter producing waves rather than curls…an enigma!
Anyway, I often get asked how I achieve my curls and when I’m not getting my all time favourite blow dry (I call it the Hollywood wave), I have a series of go-to hero hair products to keep frizz at bay and curls enhanced and pretty at home!
The picture above shows me post-holiday with already highlighted hair, lighter than usual (it was how I had it at uni and love it) and below is a list of go-to products I use (I’ll be making vlogs soon too of my Hollywood waves with my hairdresser and one of my solo curly look so watch this space)!
My hot list for gorgeous curls:
1. I wash and condition my hair with Aveda be Curly shampoo and conditioner. The perfect base to clean and nourish my locks, tame frizz and help me create natural curls!
2. On damp hair, I generously apply my ALL TIME FAVOURITE miracle product be Curly Curl Enhancer. This works solo and of course with other shampoos and conditioners if you’d rather. I’d recommend the Aussie range which are less expensive and fab for naturally curly hair too!
(I also like the be curly style prep lotion also featured above but I don’t use it every time!)
Must add, I also spread 2 tablespoons of raw, virgin coconut oil through my hair once a week as an intensive conditioning mask that I then wash out before conditioning!
3. I then add Frizz Ease Extra Strength serum through my hair and especially on the ends of my hair.
4. If I’m not leaving my hair to dry naturally (how I wish I could achieve holiday-hair effortlessly in the UK) I spritz some Frizz Ease Go Curlier heat-activated spray which helps protect my locks from the effect of the hairdryer.
It’s also a great interim product along with spraying water onto my curls the following day to revitalise my look!
5. Once dry, I add a little more serum to the ends and spray a tiny bit of perfume into my locks too!