It makes an ideal low carb, high protein, omega 3 rich lunch or dinner and also tastes great with some added some brown rice or baked sweet potatoes too if you fancy it!
This is Papa G’s recipe and a dish I always enjoy when I visit their any one of their three Olive Tree restaurants in Leeds. It’s also quick and simple to make a home!
- 4 salmon fillets
- ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- a little fresh oregano or finely chopped flatleaf parsley, to serve
- 400g pack of asparagus
- a whole lemon halved and sliced for garnish
- sea salt
- Wash the salmon fillets and pat dry. Rub with pepper on both sides, but not salt as it dries the fish.
- Peel and cut the garlic into slivers.
- Heat a heavy ridged griddle pan on the hob. Fry the garlic then place each fillet onto the griddle pan. Cook for 3 minutes then turn over.
- Meanwhile chop the ends off the asparagus and boil in salted water for 2-4 minutes until they turn bright green. Remove and place in an ice bath (bowl with water and ice cubes) if you are not eating immediately.
- Lay them on your plate and place the salmon fillet on top.
- Sprinkle with a little oregano or parsley, drizzle with olive oil, fresh lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
As it’s #tastytuesdays, do link up your recipe posts and restaurant reviews, new and old. Thanks!