Peter loves this recipe for grilled prawns below. I’m vegan and don’t eat nuts so this is all for him.
Peter doesn’t eat meat so focuses on veggie and fish based starters and main courses. Both my sons love prawns and this dish works all year round.
- 1½ lbs large prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Two garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 80ml unsweetened coconut cream
Serves 15 but can be refridgerated for up to 7 days.
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Mix the prawns with the tumeric, pepper, garlic, coriander and coconut cream above in a medium sized bowl, covering the prawns thoroughly. Pan fry or thread onto bamboo or metal skewers and cook on a griddle.