This is a favourite of my Mum’s and I was truly overwhelmed (as was she) by everyone’s lovely comments over on Instagram and my FB page requesting the recipe! Never one to disappoint (hopefully) here is my Mum’s easy to make Greek Chicken Tava-enjoy!
I’m vegan so don’t eat this but my children both love it.
For a low carb option, simply omit the potatoes or use a little sweet potato!
- 750g new or Maris Piper potatoes, skin on, cut into small pieces
- 8 medium chicken thighs on the bone, skin on
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 40 ml red wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 large tomatoes and/or 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 small fresh red chilli
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C
In a large baking dish, add the potatoes, chicken, onion and vegetables, tomatoes, garlic and chilli and drizzle in olive oil and add the wine. Season and sprinkle with cumin and oregano.
Bake for 50 minutes, checking on the chicken and turning if necessary.
Decorate with parsley. Serve as it is.