This dish is so seriously quick and easy to make, we rustle it up most weeks ( I eat it without the cheese but my husband loves it with).
Simply prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking and you can opt for any kind of pasta here from gluten free white spaghetti (my kids’ fave) to brown rice spaghetti, wholewheat and even courgetti if you fancy a low carb option.
I love how fresh this dish tastes, the addition of the capers gives the pasta a tremendous zestiness that works beautifully with the olives and tomato sauce.
Gluten- Free Spaghetti With Garlic And Tomatoes, Pimento Stuffed Olives and Capers
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the dish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 fresh tomatoes, chopped finely and deseeded
- 5-6 large fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 150g of dried whole wheat spaghetti, cooked to packet instructions
- 60g Parmesan, finely grated
- 2 tbsp capers
- 4 tbsp pimento stuffed olives
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat
- Add the onion and garlic, sauté until the onions are tender and clear
- Add tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, oregano, thyme, parsley and sea salt.
- Stir in the tomato puree and heat through
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and stir, ensuring the sauce covers all the pasta
- Remove from pan and serve in large bowls, topping with parmesan, capers, and olives.