I’m a huge fan of Mexican food and one afternoon I decided to up my rice cake A-game and conjured up these AMAZING nacho-style rice cakes!
I use gluten-free rice cakes as wheat is not my amigo and top them with salsa, guacamole, soured cream, cheese, jalapeños and chives.
They are literally a taste sensation.
These make the perfect mid-afternoon snack or I add a small bowl of tortilla chips (which are naturally gluten-free as they’re made with corn not wheat flour but check the packet) for a more filling lunch dish.
Gluten-Free Nacho Style Rice Cakes
Ingredients (makes 12 rice cakes)
- 12 Gluten Free Rice Cakes
- 200g tub tomato salsa
- 200g tub guacamole
- 150ml tub soured cream
- Handful grated cheddar cheese
- Handful Pickled Jalapeños
- Chives, chopped finely
- 40g tortilla chips
- Top each rice cake with a spoonful of salsa and guacamole, spreading it over the base of the rice cake
- Add a small spoonful of soured cream, top with a sprinkling of cheese, chives and a Jalapeño pepper
- Enjoy with tortilla chips on the side
A quick, easy snack to make you smile!
If you fancy something sweet after, why not try my gluten-free chocolate cake?