These healthy, slow releasing, low carb muffins are my kids’ favourites and make the most perfect breakfast or mid afternoon snack for them.
Makes 12 muffins
I have to say I love the cup measurement, the American way, but I’ve included alternative measurements below too.
- 2 1/4 cups (225 g) certified gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 medium ripe bananas, chopped
- 1/2 cup (114 g) Greek yogurt/ dairy-free alternative
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (80 g) coconut palm sugar (we like Biona)
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1 cup blueberries-fresh or frozen
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare 12 muffin cases.
In a blender/food processor or whisk by hand the dry with the wet ingredients. I like to add the whole blueberries last, carefully stirring them in so they don’t lose their shape.
Bake the muffins for approx 18 minutes, testing them with skewer to check they are baked all the way through. The Greek yoghurt ensures they are light and fluffy.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool before serving.
Let me know if you try them.