‘What is *actually IN this cake?’, I hear you cry…I get it, I really do, but believe me, a heck of a lot of deliciousness resides in it, as it goes and it will hopefully please everyone, promise! I made it with the epic Magimix 4200XL Food Processor (which you can win at the bottom of this post)!
This is a plant-based cake although my son wanted milk chocolate toppings (I ate mine without). This is a delicious cake I know you will love, full of flavour and ideal for a special ocassion.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (we like Doves Farm)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable/ melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinammon
- 1 cup cold water
- squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 cup (dairy free) chocolate chips/ pomegranate seeds
- chocolate chips/pomegranate seeds for decoration
- 1 cup (dairy free) chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk of choice (we like oat milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or dairy-free unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the oil, vanilla, cinnamon, lemon, water and chocolate chips and whizz in the Magimix food processor. Once fully mixed, pour into a cake dish (8 inches) and bake for half an hour. Check its cooked through by placing a skewer into the middle. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. If you want to make a larger cake, bake two to top on one another and double the icing, spreading a layer in the centre to stick each cake together!