Oliver is egg-free and Alexander is dairy-free but they both eat fish (I’m vegan) so I wanted to create a sandwich they’d love. It’s healthy eat wheat in moderation.
This makes a filling lunch or even a laid-back dinner. Let me know if you give them a whirl.
Serves 4 (1 bap each)
- 12 pieces of salmon (6 pieces cut in half)
- mild olive oil
- 4 x egg and gluten-free baps, sliced
- Butter/dairy-free spread for spreading
- 1 lettuce, chopped
- 4 tbsp pickled red cabbage (1 per bap)
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chilli sauce/ ketchup
- Egg-free mayo
Place the salmon (some oil drizzled over the top) under the grill at 180°C for 10-12 minutes, until cooked. Meanwhile butter one side of the baps and layer with lettuce. Add the cooked the salmon and cover with chilli sauce/ketchup, egg-free mayo and pickled red chilli. Season with salt and pepper. Add the top side of the bap.
You can of course use gluten and egg based products to recreate too.