Thanks to Wing Yip for this easy and delicious vegan Banoffee Pie.
- 50 g vegan biscuits
- 100 g dairy-free spread
- 200 g Nature’s Charm Coconut Caramel Sauce
- 1 large banana
- 200 ml Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream, chilled
- vegan chocolate, to garnish
- Crush the biscuits and place into a bowl. Melt the dairy free spread and mix with the biscuits.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a serving dish, or a loose-bottomed tin. Chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the base has chilled, spread the caramel sauce over the bottom with a spoon or spatula ensuring that the layer is even.
- Slice the banana and place over the top of the caramel sauce.
- Ensuring that the coconut whipping cream is chilled, whip using an electric mixer until light and creamy adding a little bit of the coconut milk/water at the bottom of the tin to thin if necessary.
- Spread the coconut ‘whipped cream’ over the bananas and grate chocolate over the top to garnish.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve and then either serve in your dish, or remove from the tin.
Note: you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free biscuits as all other ingredients are suitable.
Check out Wing Yip’s other guest recipe for vegan coconut cupcakes here.
This is not part of a paid campaign.