I’m resharing this guest post from a few years ago in time for Easter baking. You can experiment with dairy free alternatives too.
Who can resist a pink icing-covered Easter bunny biscuit? Not my youngest son that’s for sure!
Perfect for little hands to practice their baking skills this recipe c/o Delamere Dairy spreadable butter.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 85g Delamere Dairy spreadable butter*
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 lemon (rind)
- 170g plain flour
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 50g currants
- 1 egg, beaten
- Easter or Spring themed cutters
- Preheat oven to 190’C/375’F/Gas mark 5.
- Cream the spreadable butter and sugar until pale.
- Add lemon rind, then fold in flour, mixed spice, currants and enough egg to bind mixture to a stiff dough.
- Roll out biscuit dough to approx. 1cm thick and cut out Easter shapes with your cutters.
- Lay on greased baking trays.
- Re-roll any leftover dough to make more biscuits
- Bake biscuits for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, then transfer to a wire tray to cool.
- Once cooled and decorate with icing and sprinkles.
Thanks to Delamere Dairy for this recipe.
*Made with pasteurised goats’ milk Delamere Dairy’s Spreadable Goats’ Butter combines lightly salted goats’ butter and rapeseed oil to create a convenient goats’ butter alternative that mixes and spreads straight from the fridge. Use it in the same way as ordinary butter in sandwiches and on toast, and in all your favourite recipes and Easter baking; it makes deliciously light sponges and cakes!
Goats’ milk has been known to help alleviate symptoms associated with digestive disorders, skin conditions like eczema, respiratory problems, asthma and excess mucous, making it a delicious and naturally nutritious alternative to cows’ milk.
Check out their Simnel Cake recipe.
Buy my bestselling book in paperback or audio
My debut book is my guide to surviving and thriving at work and at home and offers insight into how to create a digital business or return to work with confidence.
Mumboss: The Honest Mum's Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home
(UK 2nd Edition)
Available on Amazon or Audible
The Working Mom: Your Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home
Available September 8th 2020. Order now on Amazon