These were favourites of mine as a child.
Thanks to Delamere Dairy’s Spreadable Goats’ Butter for their chocolate nest recipe!
Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: none
A traditional favourite, chocolate nests are popular with all the family, all year round, but especially at Easter!
- 225g/8oz plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g/2oz Delamere Dairy spreadable goats’ butter*
- 75g/3oz shredded wheat (which looks more ‘nest-like’ but rice crispies or cornflakes are just as tasty!)
- 36 mini chocolate eggs
- Line a 12-hole fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir the mixture until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and gently stir in the shredded wheat until all of the cereal is coated in the chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and press 3 chocolate eggs into the centre of each nest. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour, or until completely set.
*Made with pasteurised goats’ milk Delamere Dairy’s Spreadable Goats’ Butter combines lightly salted goats’ butter and rapeseed oil to create a convenient goats’ butter alternative that mixes and spreads straight from the fridge. Use it in the same way as ordinary butter in sandwiches and on toast, and in all your favourite recipes and Easter baking; it makes deliciously light sponges and cakes!
Goats’ milk has been known to help alleviate symptoms associated with digestive disorders, skin conditions like eczema, respiratory problems, asthma and excess mucous, making it a delicious and naturally nutritious alternative to cows’ milk.
Buy my bestselling book in paperback or audio
My debut book is my guide to surviving and thriving at work and at home and offers insight into how to create a digital business or return to work with confidence.
Mumboss: The Honest Mum's Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home
(UK 2nd Edition)
Available on Amazon or Audible
The Working Mom: Your Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home
Available September 8th 2020. Order now on Amazon