Why not try these easy and delicious vegan coconut cupcakes. The whole family will love them!
Thanks to Wing Yip for the recipe.
- 225 g vegan spread
- 400 g granulated sugar
- 400 ml Nature’s Charm All-Natural Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract/flavouring
- 400 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 400 ml Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream, chilled the night before in the fridge
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 80 g coconut slices/flakes
What you will need:
12 cupcake cases
- Pre-heat the oven to 175°C and line a cupcake or muffin tray with the cupcake cases.
- In a mixer, or in a large bowl with using an electric mixer, combine the vegan spread, sugar, coconut milk, vinegar, vanilla extract and coconut flavouring and slowly mix together. Once the mixture has just come together, mix for 3-4 minutes on high speed until light and airy.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add 1/3 of the dry mixture to the wet mixture at a time and slowly mix together until just combined.
- Divide the batter between the 12 cupcake cases and bake for 12-14 minutes or until a sharp knife when inserted, comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10-15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the topping, ensure that the whipping cream has been chilled in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Empty the contents into a large bowl and add the icing sugar. Using an electric mixer or with a whisk, whip the cream for 4-5 minutes until thick.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of the whipped cream to a cupcake and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Finish with a 1-2 pieces of the coconut slices/flakes.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Read more vegan recipes HERE.