Despite only being 17 months old, my little boy Oliver has taught himself how to use the computer and has even written a guest post this week for his Daddy, just in time for Father’s Day!
Dear Daddy, you are truly the best and here are 10 reasons why:
1. Thank you for being so clever, that your job allows you to work from home. That means I get to see you for breakfast, lunch and dinner…oh and whenever Mum yells for you to help her when she needs you. Poor you.
2. Massive, huge, humungous thanks for taking me to the Science Museum whenever we’re in London. I know you love it as much as I do. Mama, not so much, but she’s learning. That live steam train was awesome and beats Harrods any day. Sorry Mama.
3. That steam train’s reminded me of our daily game of ‘Bus Watch’. As you know, I love nothing more than watching buses go up and down the road before going up and down again. Thank you for your enthusiasm, I really appreciate it. I can see Mummy’s grinning but her eyes aren’t smiling. “Yes it’s another bus”, she cries. You, you get my excitement.
4. Thanks for suggesting we should all move to LA when I was 5 months old. Mama says she’d like to live in Hollywood one day but she’s not quite ready yet. Gimme a shout when it’s happening, it’s not that far from Disney Land right?
5. Thanks for saying you’ll pretend to take me to Greek School every Saturday once I turn 5, when in fact we’ll be going for ice cream. Can’t wait. I get enough Greek from the Greek Gramps anyway!
6. Thanks for taking me to the countryside most weekends too, despite it always raining. When we moving to LA again?
7. Nearly forget, ta for dressing me in the coolest clothes as well. I love my leather jacket and skinny jeans. I’m the nursery’s heartthrob don’t you know!
8. I also really appreciate you letting me watch Chuggington when my teeth are killing me at 3am. It helps to distract me till the Calpol kicks in.
Basically Daddy, thanks for being you, you totally rock and I love you lots,
Photograph ©Peter Broadbent.