These pretty pancakes are great with fresh fruit and agave nectar or honey drizzled over or serve warm with fruit and a scoop of ice cream for dessert. Yummy!
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- 75g (3oz) White’s Hazelnut, Almonds & Honey granola
- 300g (10oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium eggs
- 284 ml carton buttermilk
- 75g (3oz) salted butter, melted
- 2 large red skinned apples, cored and coarsely grated
- ½ tsp sunflower oil
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre and beat in the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and grated apple.
2. Add a little oil to a large non-stick frying pan and swipe clean with a piece of kitchen paper. Heat the pan. Add 3 large spoonful’s of the pancake batter to the pan and allow to spread to about 6cm. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles appear on the top of the pancake. Sprinkle each with a little granola and flip over and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes. Cover and keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes – until you have about 12 pancakes. Serve with extra yoghurt fresh fruit and agave nectar to drizzle.
The pancake batter is thick – don’t be tempted to add milk to thin it down. The pancakes may need a little help with a spoon to spread to 6cm however they will be light and fluffy on cooking.