Updated post. I’ve recently become re-obsessed with spiralized vegatables!
In particular, spiralized courgettes have become a staple in my diet.
I’ve always been a bit of a sucker for gadgets in the kitchen and the spiralizer is most definitely my appliance de jour-AGAIN!(Soz Nutribullet). If you don’t have a spiralizer machine fear not as you can buy spiralized vegetables from most supermarkets.
The poster food of the clean eating movement, spiralized veggies are a great way to work your 5 a day into your family’s diet in a fun and creative way.
Here, I wanted to share one of my favourite spiralized dishes using courgette (and not forgoing the spaghetti either (who knew 😉 ). Combined with chilli, garlic and parsley and pasta it’s the perfect mid-week meal for all the family. Easy to make yet guaranteed to fire up the taste buds and just take off the chilli if it’s too hot for little ones.
I omit the cheese as I’m vegan but my husband and eldest son love theirs with and this is one of my Dad’s favourite dishes when he comes to stay !
Chilli, garlic, parsley and spiralized courgette on spaghetti
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 3 courgettes, spiralized
- 400g dried spaghetti, cooked to packet instructions (use gluten-free if you prefer)
- Handful of finely chopped parsley
- Grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Heat the olive oil in a large shallow pan on a medium to high heat
- Add garlic and chilli, heat until aromatic and garlic has turned a golden brown
- Add spiralized courgette and fry for just 30-45 seconds, stirring courgette around the pan
- Remove from pan and serve with the cooked spaghetti
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan